Tips For Moving Furniture
Moving furniture can be a daunting task that may consume your time and nerves. Check the following tips for moving furniture and contact local licensed residential movers Torrance for more help.
- Use two persons to carry tall items. A tall dresser, filing cabinet or shelving unit is difficult to handle and you should ask for help. Tip the item backward at an angle and have one person carry the top while the other carries the bottom. This centers the weight and keeps the item from swinging out of control. If you need to carry this item up or down stairs make sure that the carrying angle matches the slope of the stairs.
- Hook large chairs around corners. Turn the chair on its side so it looks like an “L” and move it back-first through the doorway. Then curl it (hook it) around the door frame and slip it through.
- Use lifting straps. Look for lifting straps that can be adjusted for different-length objects as well as for different-size movers. Buy them from local stores or online.
- Use blankets or plastic foils to cover your furniture. Moving blankets are invaluable for protecting items like couches or sofas when you’re moving. Secure the blankets with stretch films.
- Transport mattresses using slings. You can create a simple rope sling that will give you more control. All you have to do is to thread the rope through the mattress handles and slip a 5-in. piece of 1-in. PVC pipe over the rope ends and then loop and tie each end. Flip the mattress over so the sling is on the bottom and you’re good to go.
- Make sure to properly disassemble a recliner. Find the back brackets on the outside or inside of the back frame. Lift the locking levers on both sides and slide the back straight up to remove it from the recliner.
Check our webpage for more info. Check our website!